~ All written works contained herein or by link are the property of Gerald Edwin Chule ~ circusanarquista@gmail.com (for business or pleasure) ~

I've dug through the major pasta which stood the test of time as classics, dug through the click happy vids about 'weird internet shit', some old school 'call a phone number and get a horrible surprise stories, TV hacks, found footage, etcetera and it really only comes down to a few which are Actually creepy and not just weird or indulgent.

Lots of good ambient sounds.

But after I started someone put on 'Back Rooms', I'd seen the original vids or at least some (good fiction not actually scary) and the problem with the movie is that it gives answers.  This diminishes the originals.

Which is to say anything I use will have its creepiness preserved, and when it comes to things like this I answer nothing, that's for the audience to decide.

But it really only comes down to a few which stand the test of time, and my personal test of creepiness actual, and creative production with a solid yet unanswerable origin.

Also a number of them have since been too widely debunked, or in some cases the original creeped out viewer was duped like with 'Persephone Numbers Station' ~

Played backwards.


It came from a video game offshoot of the TV show 'Lost', which had an accompanying web page which as well duped many, now taken down.  But because the game is forgotten, page taken down, it's left only to rumor.

Because who the fuck actually played the Lost game.

Literally no one.  There was an X-Files game once too.

...

Anyway there's a few like that, though in some cases the reality adds to the art.  The best however are always the unanswerable.  Too bad about the ending of Back Rooms, otherwise pretty cool but more to the point is that it diminished the originals which were about two inches from becoming rabbit hole believed, which is what I want to avoid.

And that there's really only a handful of true pastas for the sauce, these compilation vids are coming back full circle to the same ones repeated or just not that scary.